ETHICAL STANDARDS OF THE ONTARIO GOLF SUPERINTENDENTS' ASSOCIATION
- To ensure that respect is accorded our profession, our Association and our individual members, these ethical standards are to be observed and practised.
- Maintain courteous relations with your employer, employees and fellow superintendents, while practising sound business and turf management practises.
- Continue to broaden your knowledge through formal education channels and by exchanging experiences and ideas with fellow members.
- Endorse products or practises only when completely satisfied through personal experience.
- Refrain from corresponding, either verbally or in writing with a Director, member or official of another club,
regarding its' affairs, without the prior knowledge of that club's Superintendent.
- Apply only for a position that is vacant and, if possible, talk to the person who last held the job or other local Superintendents.
- Offer employment to another club's employee only after advising that club's Superintendent.
- Notify the Superintendent of the club you are visiting directly, and whenever possible, do so in advance.
- Misrepresenting this Association and yourself by lending your membership card will not be condoned.
- It is the responsibility if each member to abide by these standards and to report any violations to the Board of Directors in writing.
- Breech of these standards may result in the following disciplinary action:
POSTING - SUSPENSION OF PRIVILEGES -TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP.
DO NOT ALLOW YOUR POSITION OR PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE TO DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY UNDERMINE THE JOB SECURITY AND WORK EFFORTS OF A FELLOW MEMBER.