Name of Company: Rochester Place Golf Club & Resort
Who is Landscape Effects Group of Companies?
We are a dynamic bunch and our office environment is high-energy.
Some say it’s ‘Sophia’ our Espresso machine, we say it’s our simple recipe to ‘Create Family’.
Our team has a sense of belonging. We all have a purpose as part of the LFX family.
No matter what your career direction, your skill, your passion is and your interests are, we have a place for you to grow within our growing family.
Why work for Landscape Effects?
Do you want to work in a fun atmosphere?
Do you want an opportunity to grow your leadership skills?
Do you want the opportunity to grow your career?
Do you like to do something different every day?
Do you like to work in a dynamic work environment?
Do you want competitive compensation?
Do you want to work seasonal full-time or part-time with the opportunity to work year-round?
We have a saying… “Everyone belongs here” …so get ready to be part of something of BIG.
Position to be Filled: Property Manager/ Golf Course Superintendent
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of Rochester Place Golf Course, Resort areas and take a lead role in turf maintenance for the Landscape Effects Group properties
- Assist with hiring and training of grounds team
- Responsible for supervision of grounds team, along with work schedules
- Responsible for maintaining cart paths, trees, etc. on course
- Develop and implement all agronomic programs, including all facets of an integrated pest program – fertility, cultural and plant health practices in coordination with the club’s activity calendar
- Training of grounds team, including safe operation of grounds equipment
- Proper application of pesticides and fertilizers, selective herbicide use on all trees, fence lines and areas as needed
- Ability to lay out irrigation and drainage patterns
- Ability to construct greens and/or tees
- Very hands in all aspects of course maintenance
- Maintaining logs of all products used and ordering what is needed
- Work with Pro Shop team on decisions regarding course closures, delayed starts, no carts, and any other restrictions on golf course Involve outside support and resources if required to develop a stronger watering plan to improve weak turf areas,
- Understand and utilize new irrigation system - find a way to put pump on app based system
- IPM input to be done weekly
- Work with and foster positive relationships with all regulatory authorities to ensure the club is in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Create a team presence within the Resort at RP and increase communication
- Manage the maintenance of clubhouse landscaping, resort, Innovative, swimming pool grounds @ RP
- Minimum five years’ experience as a golf course superintendent/assistant superintendent in a leadership role at a leading golf and country club.
- Valid Ontario Landscape Exterminator’s License and IPM Certification
- Maintains IPM accreditation
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products
- Must be dedicated, hardworking and have a good eye for detail
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways, and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and comfortable learning other management software to improve overall operations
- Possess a history of personal professional development and be committed to furthering the professional education of the team that surrounds you
- Represent yourself as a turfgrass professional who takes pride in providing championship conditions
- Be an excellent communicator – must be comfortable working within a management team led by the general manager and interacts well with any consultants and regulators.
- Must be experienced in the development, budgeting, and execution of the day-to-day operations, as well as working with management team and others to implement the long-range plans for the property.
- Good organization and planning skills
Resume Submission Deadline: May 28, 2021
Name: Tal Czudner
Position: Vice President
Name of Company: Landscape Effects Group
Address 1: 981 County Rd. 2
City: Belle River
Postal Code: N0R 1A0