Name of Company: Vandenbussche Irrigation
Golf Territory Manager (Southern & Southwest Ontario) - Sales
Vanden Bussche Irrigation
Golf and Landscape Division
Milton / Burlington, Ontario
The Golf Territory Manager (TM) will be expected to generate new business and grow share of existing business from Golf Courses and Golf Irrigation Contractors while maintaining existing relationships. In addition, the TM will foster relationships with Irrigation Consultants and “Captain” golf irrigation projects. The TM will function as the “Ambassador” for Vanden Bussche Irrigation (VBI) in his / her respective territory. In addition, the TM will win, manage, track, and support golf irrigation projects in his / her territory. This role extends into existing regions, and requires sales call planning, execution and follow up according to company sales strategies and objectives.
Position to be Filled: Golf Territory Manager
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) include:
- Winning, Positive Attitude
- Consultative Sales Acumen with Strong Closing Skills and Ability to Achieve Target Sales Margins
- Strong Networking Skills
- Technical Aptitude - Computer / Technological Proficiency
- Demonstrated Proficiency in Product Uses, Features, Advantages, and Benefits (FAB’s).
- Leading Edge Understanding and Technical Knowledge of Golf Irrigation Best Management Practices (BMP’s)
- Professionalism in Conduct and Appearance
- Work Ethic
- Solid Negotiating Skills
- Ongoing Professional Development Initiative
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Organizational / Time Management Skills
- Administrative Quality and Accuracy
- Problem Solving / Creativity / Critical Thinking
- Understanding of “The Big Picture”
- Collaborative Mindset
- The individual will have a proven record of success in business-to-business sales, a “win / win” attitude, driven to sell, with above average computer / electronics proficiency, effective communication, problem solving, and time management skills.
- A strategic thinker and team player who can build and maintain lasting partnerships
- This person will be able to leave a strong first impression, build trust, and profitably close sales.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain customers and market develop.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in computer software.
SALES OPERATIONS (60%):
Strategically plan and execute territory sales responsibilities efficiently and professionally.
Profitably and ethically win business from new customers and grow share of business with existing customers.
Spearhead golf irrigation projects in collaboration with vendor representatives and colleagues.
Effectively manage individual territory sales expenditures focusing on Return on Investment (ROI)
Oversee and ensure good housekeeping and professionalism at all times.
Liaise with the Project Coordinator to remain current with project opportunities, seeing project opportunities through, and meeting deadlines.
Ensure high safety standards at all times.
MARKETING and PUBLIC RELATIONS (10%):
Foster and maintain customer, vendor, and industry relationships.
Assist in the implementation of territory specific events, and assist in ensuring the success of promotional initiatives.
Deliver an excellent customer service experience.
Strategic territory sales planning in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
Develop both short and long term goals, and execute sales initiatives.
Deliver and follow up on sales quotations / proposals, and liaise with colleagues accordingly.
Submit accurate, quality administrative assignments (forecasts, territory plans, territory reports and logs, as well as expense reports) on time, and comply with company Customer Retention Management (CRM) activity requirements.
Ensure integrity and accuracy of customer and vendor data.
Work deliberately and strategically to grow customer base, share of customer purchases, and to retain customers.
Support company policies and procedures. Offer input to improve company efficiency and profitability.
Proficiency with SXe software.
Report directly to the Sales Manager, Robert Cooke.
Work with co-workers to achieve company goals.
Keep customers wanting to come back.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in business-to-business / territory sales, and/or customer service – preferably in the golf course industry. Preference will be given to candidates with previous golf irrigation experience.
- Minimum College Diploma with experience in business-to-business sales or key account management, marketing, and human relations. Business Administration Degree preferred.
Name: Gillian Vandenbussche
Position: Human Resource Director
Name of Company: Vandenbussche Irrigation
Address 1: 2515 Pinegrove Rd
Postal Code: N4B 2E5